Saturday, November 2, 2013

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes



If you have ever been confused on how to make the best potatoes ever, I am here to show you the love. I am not entirely responsible for this recipe, I have to give some props to my friend Ian. After enjoying an awesome brunch at his house, he shared his secret for potatoes, super simple - par boil. Duh? How had I not done this before? My roasted potatoes were never right, but now they are, and holy s#@t - they are delicious! 

I took it a step further; I boiled mine in stock, milk, butter and rosemary, with plenty of salt and pepper. Cook potatoes to al dente, strain the liquid, then roast in the oven with the rosemary and roasted garlic. So simple, and so good!


The Recipe
  • Equal parts stock (any kind - I used chicken) and milk
  • A few sprigs of rosemary
  • 2-3 Tablespoons of butter
  • Hefty dash of salt and pepper
  • Potatoes -  I like the “baby” size - to make cooking faster


Bring to a boil and then down to a simmer - cook potatoes al dente
Drain the liquid - save for the next time, or as a soup base

  • Coat in olive oil and more salt
  • Roast till fork tender, 325ยบ

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10