Sunday, February 9, 2014

Well Hello


Here I am! You might not think that taxes could be inspiring, but yes it's true - I was  filing my taxes and my fingertips yearned for the clicking to write. I have taken some time away, and honestly I make no promises of a regular return - but I am here today. I have several excuses for my absence of course - the holidays, travels, work, life and most recently a move - which includes a smaller kitchen that is somehow more comforting. Perhaps it's the promise for the future, perhaps an easier turn into the fridge or maybe it's just more light. Whatever it may be -  I am in love.


  The Arctic Blast of  2014 has me in a flurry in the kitchen - cooking, cleaning, organizing and at one point just sitting in all it's glory. I have been a regular Joan Cleaver making crepes for the first time, brunch in bed and just moments ago a spicy peanut shrimp stir-fry. I made pork chops, fruit salad, veggie scrambles, roasted potatoes with charred peppers and onions, cleaned the screens on the new windows, rearranged the shelves in the cabinets, and organized my glassware. 

I thought about a few things while I was deep in my bliss- one I have incredible knife skills (thank you OCI for your attention to that detail) and two this blog. I like getting serious about the shot- getting out the screens and the tripod, making sure the light is just right and the food is perfectly in place- but mostly I just love to cook. I love gathering the ingredients, creating the dish, tasting the elements and dancing when it comes out deliciously.  


 The pictures shown here are stolen from my Instagram, because part of my absence was this pressure to make every post perfect - the story, the shot, the dish... but guess what? I am NOT a professional blogger, I am just me people. A girl who loves to cook for herself, her man, her friends and her family. From here on out I excuse myself of that pressure! To my friends reading I hope you laugh with me, learn with me, are inspired by me and mostly are just excited to share a meal. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10