Monday, September 23, 2013

Recipe: Chipotle Sour Cream


Now this might be one of the easiest sauces/condiments that I like to make. You could make it more difficult by fire roasting your own peppers with all the south of the border spices, but honestly I love the flavors of these Embasa chipotle peppers. You can find these in almost any Mexican aisle of the market.

The base:
1 4 oz can Embasa Chipotle peppers
6 oz sour cream
1 lime with the juice of half and the zest of the whole
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper

I like to just use the juice from these guys and fully incorporate it into the sour cream. Add in the remaining ingredients and you are set.

You can always chop up the peppers however fine you like or puree them in a food processor.

I love this with fish tacos, on nachos, my Mexican Breakfast Pizza....the list is endless.

Add in cilantro, pico de gallo, or whatever strikes your fancy and you will have a whole new sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10