Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Roasted Autumn Bisque


I am obsessed with Food 52 and yesterday tried by dandiest to get my entry in for their autumn soup contest, it was down to the minute but I think the airways got blogged down because my Roasted Autumn Bisque didn't show up on the contest page. Sad at first I almost cried but went for a run instead.  Looking on the bright side there will be many more contests to enter and I learned a few lessons about the recipe upload page.



Now I am not a vegan, but this soup sure is and randomly not on purpose, a few years ago after culinary school I became a personal chef along side of interning in a butter/meat rich restaurant. My client had very specific dietary needs, and among them was to be low calorie and high flavor. This contradicted everything I was being taught on all accounts, wasn’t butter and bacon invented to make every thing better?

Squash puree when done right is like heaven straight from nature which allows a decadence of flavors minus all that delicious, yes I said it, delicious fat. This recipe is packed with so much healthy goodness you won't miss the fat and everyone else will be fooled. 


The trick is roasting the vegetables and fruits to a beautiful caramelization, layering the flavors with warm spices and puréeing it to a silky texture that just screams butter. 


The best part is that it’s a breeze to make and your house smells just as autumn feels outside. Here is a blast from my past. You can check out the complete recipe page here

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10